Frequently Asked Questions
How do you differ from traditional physical therapy?
- We provide full one hour sessions of individualized care.
- All treatment provided by your Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Treating the root cause of your symptoms to ultimately FIX the underlying issue.
- One-on-one 60 minute sessions with your Doctor of Physical Therapy allows for shorter treatment duration. Depending on your pain and condition, the typical number of visits range from 5-10 sessions, versus the standard therapy model of 2-3x/week for 4-6 weeks. Allowing you a quicker return to the activities you love!
- Heavy focus on hands-on treatment techniques aimed at improving joint mobility, soft tissue restriction, and nerve mobility. This approach utilizes a holistic total body approach. No passive treatments (ice, heat, etc.) will be used during your valuable treatment time.
Do you accept my insurance?
- Conquer Movement LLC is an out-of-network provider, operating through a fee-for-service model. Payments are accepted in full at the time of service, including cash, check, debit and all major credit cards. All patients are provided a bill for services which you can then submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement through your out-of-network benefits.
- As an out-of-network provider, Conquer Movement LLC has the ability to treat clients one-on-one for the entire full hour, unlike insurance-based practices. This allows for patient care to be dictated by your unique condition/injury and personal needs, NOT your insurance plan. This will allow the Doctor of Physical Therapy to spend greater time on assessment and hands-on treatment and address the musculoskeletal issues of each patient. Therefore, the recovery from injury is much faster and often times more cost effective in comparison to the high deductible and co-pays required through the insurance based model.
Do I need a prescription or physician referral?
- A prescription or referral for physical therapy is not required; you can call us to make an appointment right now! Having quick or immediate access to Physical Therapy can often be the difference between your condition being acute/temporary versus chronic. North Carolina permits "Direct Access" for physical therapy. This means that you do not need to wait weeks to see your physician or orthopedic specialist to begin treatment in physical therapy. We encourage you to call us immediately if you experience an injury or have pain. Your therapist will work with your physician or other health care provider in the coordination of your treatment so you can concentrate on healing.
What can I expect from my first evaluation/treatment session?
- For a physical therapy evaluation, we will email you our intake form prior to your first scheduled visit. Your first appointment will be approximately 60 minutes and consist of a detailed review of your past and present medical history, a movement assessment, hands-on treatment, and education session in corrective exercises. Athletic clothing is most appropriate for evaluation and any additional treatment sessions.